Hiring the services of a hostess when renting a boat in Ibiza is a great idea if we want to enjoy a real vacation and dedicate ourselves, body and soul, to the “doce far niente”.
Tasks of the captain of a charter boat
When we rent a boat in Ibiza, the crew is composed only of one of our captains. The captain (skipper) is responsible for all tasks related to the boat and navigation:
- The main function of the captain is to maintain the safety of all passengers at all times.
- He will also be responsible for navigating the boat, following the itinerary planned by the clients (as long as it is feasible).
- Anchor and dock the boat whenever necessary.
- Maintain order on deck, organize the ropes, pick up and bring down the sails, etc.
- Raise and lower the boat’s zodiac and the outboard engine.
- Embark and disembark customers with the zodiac whenever they wish (within the captain’s schedule).
However, the captain does not perform domestic tasks: cooking, cleaning inside the boat, etc.
Many of our customers have no major problem in performing all these domestic tasks on the boat themselves. However, we also give you the option of hiring a hostess for 1,350 euros per week, or 200 euros a day, to carry out all the domestic tasks on board, in case we do not want to do them ourselves.
Hostess tasks on board
Hiring a hostess for a rental boat is totally optional. Still, once you test the service of our hostesses you can not do without them! 😉
These are the most common functions that a hostess performs on board one of our charter boats:
- Keep the boat clean and tidy.
- Prepare breakfast, lunch and dinner for all passengers and the captain.
- Make the beds and clean the cabins (optional).
- Set the table, remove the dishes after eating and wash the dishes.
- Make the purchase on land of food or drink.
It is important to clarify that our hostesses are NOT professional cooks, although all are developed quite resolutely in the kitchen. We can not expect super elaborate menus from a professional chef, but simple and tasty meals! 😉
Hostess schedule on boat rental
Like any other worker, the hostess will follow a schedule of 8 hours a day. The schedule can be agreed on between the clients and the hostess. For example:
- Two hours in the morning for breakfast and cleaning.
- Three hours for lunch, wash dishes, etc.
- And another 3 hours to prepare dinner, remove the items from the table, wash the dinner dishes, etc.
In most catamarans the hostess and the captain usually have small individual cabins. They are located in the bow area of the rental catamaran. They are very small and the entrance is separated from the main cabins of the catamaran. This gives total independence to customers who can enjoy the interior of the boat without having to live 24 hours necessarily with the crew.
By Jose Navas, founder of CharterAlia, nº1 company in TripAdvisor for boat rental in Ibiza. Read here about the history of our company.