On this webpage we are proud to present a long description and dozens of photos of this spectacular Lagoon 380 catamaran in Ibiza, manufactured by the French group Beneteau in 2006. This amazing vessel is 38 foot long (11.5 meters) and 6.5 meters wide. Even when you can think that this 2006 model might be a bit old, you will see on the images below that this ship has actually been perfectly maintained throughout these years and it is in a outstanding shape.
First of all, we would like to clarify all the boat pictures are REAL. These are NOT the typical pictures taken from google or the boat maker’s website, which are usually taken with fisheye lenses and make it look like the yacht looks much bigger than it really is. On the contrary, all the pictures you will see on this webpage are real photographs, taken with my own camera at the end of the 2014 season while we moved this beautiful catamaran from Ibiza back to Spain mainland, for the winter period.
The Lagoon 380 sailing catamaran is the best selling catamaran in the world. Currently, 900 units of this model have been built and launched in Bordeaux, the home of the Lagoon-Beneteau group. This practical and functional design has not only survived throughout the years, but has also become the most popular catamaran in history, for its compromise between sailing and motor performance, interior space, and perfect dimensions that will make any of our customers more than happy.
Our catamaran Lagoon 380
This catamaran is owned by my good friend Ruben. He uses it a few weeks here and there and we charter it during the summer season in Ibiza. Therefore, as can be seen in the photographs, this vessel is spoiled by its owner, who takes care of every single little detail.
This beautiful sailing yacht is updated and renovated every year. For example in 2013 the owner made a complete refit of all the fiberglass. As you can see the whiteness still shines.
The catamaran layout is what we call “charter version” since it offers two large double cabins at the back, and two other double cabins at the front(slightly smaller), plus two other really small double cabins at the bows.
The single cabins at the bows are not the most comfortable ones, so ideally we advise a maximum of 8 people sleeping on the catamaran.
The living room couch is convertible into beds. In this way the catamaran offers a total of 12 places, but our advice to be really comfortable not exceed the amount of 8 people, especially for long term rentals such as the typical weekly charter in Ibiza and Formentera.
Capacity of catamaran Lagoon 380 in Ibiza
- The layout of the Lagoon 380’2006 catamaran is as follows:
Starboard Aft cabin: Great cabin with 1.60 meter wide bed, closet and stowage space: 2 places.
- Port aft cabin: Identical to the starboard aft: 2 places.
- Bow cabin port: Slightly smaller than the stern cabin, also offers 2 places.
- Bow cabin starboard: Identical in shape to the port bow but with the advantage that it is the most isolated cabin boat remainder being the farthest to the helm and common areas and it is therefore ideal for late risers. This is the cabin that I usually pick up, since I am not a morning person. It also has room for 2 people.
- Hutch port bow: Single Cabin, 1.70 long and with entrance from the top hatch. It is not connected to the rest of the main cabin of the boat. Ideal for children.
- Hutch starboard bow: Identical to port: 1 person.
- Sofa and table convertible into the double bedroom: 2 places. When there is no other choice, we can use the bed in the lounge. It is a comfortable bed but always creates a little mess in common areas, and logically despite living room curtains, daylight always enters at dawn, so it is ideal for early risers.
This catamaran can take a total of 12 people, but as mentioned above, we recommend a maximum of 8 people sleeping, to ensure maximum comfort of the occupants.
Other technical features of this Lagoon 380 catamaran
In addition to the cabins, the catamaran has a comfortable indoor lounge, two bathrooms, and in our opinion the best of this catamaran is the entire outer surface: the dining table on the outdoor terrace, wide stairs on the sterns to access the sea, outdoor solarium type mats on the nets, and a long list of amenities.
This catamaran is fully equipped: With legal permission for Spanish navigational zone 2 (up to 60 miles offshore) this vessel has all the safety item required by the Spanish authorities:
- Liferaft approved for all occupants.
- Lifejackets 150N for all occupants.
- Electronic Portable Radio Beacon.
- VHF digital radio
- Charts and guides of the Balearic islands.
- Navigation lights.
- GPS Plotter. It also offers a tablet on the chart table with Navionics charts.
Also electric anchor windlass with remote control, 29CV Volvo diesel engines, fenders, mooring kit, full kitchen utensils, cutlery, etc.
Of course, all sails control are forwarded to the main helm, where you can also find the wind equipment displays, differentiating between true and apparent wind along with the slider and depth (probe) Raymarine ST70
New season 2015
For the 2015 season the owner of this beautiful ship has added and improved a number of items:
- New mainsail.
- New furling genoa type jib.
- New galley.
- New nets at the front.
- New mats.
- New fenders.
- New bed sheets and towels.
- New dinghy with new outboard engine.
Rented with or without skipper
This vessel is offered both as skippered or bareboat charter, ie rent without skipper, for customers who besides having the appropriate sailing license, may also prove some experience in managing a sailing-boat.
The minimum qualifications required to sail this boat is the Spanish PER: Skipper of pleasure craft or any equivalent international qualification with the same allocations: length up to 12 meters long and 12 people on board, enabling sailing and nocturnal navigation.
Weekly rental rates for the Ibiza season
On this table you can see the rates that we have offer for the season in Ibiza:
|Model||Cabs||WCs||Ppl||13/05 – 09/06||10/06 – 28/07||29/07 – 25/08||26/08 – 29/09||Skipper||Deposit||Extras|
|Lagoon 380 (2006)||4+2||2||8+2||5,650||6,250||7,490||5,650||OPTIONAL||2,000||250|
- The 1st and 2nd week of August have a 500 euro surcharge.
If this catamaran is rented without skipper, the deposit in 2,000 euro.
- The rental weeks in Ibiza for this catamaran are organized from Saturday to Friday. This means that you can check-in the boat on Saturday from 17:00 and must leave the following Friday at 20:00.
- In case of wanting to sleep on board the last night (Friday night to Saturday morning) you should check out the ship at 8:00 am on Saturday morning and it has an additional charge of 150 euros.
- Check-in and check-out will take place at the yacht club in San Antonio, as long as there is enough room at the port.
- The first 50% payment is usually done by bank transfer, directly to the owner of the vessel. The other 50% can be paid either in cash or by transfer before check-in.
- The security deposit can also be paid with any major credit card.
All rates include taxes and VAT.
- The boat has all the papers in order, boat charter authorization in the Balearic islands, permits and insurance required.
- Linens and towels are not included. We can provide them for 15 euro/person and week.