From CharterAlia, we have thought of all those people who like to play sports even on vacations. For this reason, whether you have chosen to rent Ibiza boat or if you want to know a little more about the sports that can be practiced on the island, we will begin by explaining the rental of an Ibiza watercraft.
Which is better: rent a boat in Ibiza or rent a jet ski?
We have it clear, now, we are going to expose you everything you need to know about, permits, navigable waters, restricted areas and fines. I hope that in that way you make the best decision.
Everything you need to know about renting a jet ski Ibiza
Years ago it was enough to have a driver’s license for a car or motorcycle, but logically and after several accidents, the regulations changed.
To be able to rent a water bike in Ibiza, you must take into account the following factors: the compulsory license and the areas allowed to sail.
Licenses and permits for Ibiza watercraft
- If you have a Navigation Title. In this case we refer to the PNB (Basic Navigation Pattern). You can carry all types of boats up to 7.5 meters in length and without power limitation. This is the minimum to be able to rent a boat with skipper in Ibiza and be the captain of the boat.
We recommend this option. You will have more options (motorboats and motorcycles) besides, getting this title is simple and economical.
- Exclusive licenses of watercraft.
There are 3 types of card, which vary depending on the power:
- Nautical motorcycle pattern type C: it allows you to take motorcycles to the power of 55CV.
- Type B: allows you to take bikes from 55CV to 110CV.
- Type A: allows you to take bikes with powers over 110CV.
- Ibiza jet ski monitor: If, on the other hand, you are not interested in getting a degree or you are no longer on time, you can always hire the services of a professional monitor. In that way and you will enjoy the landscape while you discover unique places. (Even if you are given a package, it is better if they take you on a rental boat through Ibiza that you enjoy much more).
- Zones enabled to take the motorcycle in a closed circuit, for example, in Cala Bassa, or Playa en Bossa you have these services.
Areas where you can sail with a jet ski Ibiza and Formentera
Ibiza and Formentera have limitations for navigating with motorcycles or carrying out water sports, since it belongs to the nature reserve. Failure to respect the limits of the reservation can result in fines of up to € 3000. So, if you decide to go free, be sure, because, although you pass quickly and fleetingly, for example, on the island of Espartell … the fine will be around € 3000. It will not be worth “I did not know …”. There is no mercy for the wicked …;)
Here in the photo you clearly see the areas that comprise the park of the Natural Reserve of Ses Salines. It seems easy to respect.
Recommended areas for your jet ski
Something that you should keep in mind if you are going to have to take the water jet to the water, is that you must know by which zones you can have easy access for the car and the vehicle. It is clear that if you come on vacation all this is going to be a bit uncomfortable, so we advise you to see the option of renting a boat in Ibiza, so that it is arrived and ready.
- In Ibiza
Beach of Talamanca: you can sail on this beach with total freedom, respecting the distance with bathers. In addition, at the end of the bay, in the area of Sa Punta, there is a comfortable dock where you can take the motorcycle in a simple way.
- San Antonio
We recommend the area of Cala Bassa and Cala Conta, if you do not have a license or you have never sailed with a motorcycle, there are circuits where you can drive the motorcycle without a previous license and so you can have the first contact.
By Cala de Bou, you have areas of easy access to take a jet ski to almost the shore.
- Santa Eulalia
The area of Santa Eulalia has no limitations, as you can see in the map. However, it should be noted that it is usually an area that receives the north wind. For this reason, navigation is not comfortable since it is done against the current. We advise you, if you want to investigate the area with your watercraft, check the wind forecast beforehand. The same happens to us as with our rental boats in Ibiza and Formentera, it is not a usual area due to its uneasy waters.
From Cala Saona, or in the area of Es Caló, it is the most convenient.
To be able to take the water bike, where you want you can hire it as an additional service to your boat rental in Ibiza. This way, you can enjoy it at the moment you decide, without forgetting the limitations.
I think you already have an idea of what you can do, and what not, when renting a jet ski in Ibiza.
Norms of the Natural Park of Ses Salines
To finish I’ll give you a few small brushstrokes, of what you can do inside the Ses Salines Natural Park.
- If you can: observe and enjoy the flora and fauna, as well as take photographs (not those for professional use).
- You need authorization: to perform sports diving, research projects in the area, photos or professional films with some kind of lucrative purpose. Light a fire, this part is of the utmost importance. The island of Formentera these last 2 years, has suffered several fires due to the imprudence of the human being, there are very high penalties if it is done without authorization.
- It is not allowed in any way: the use of jet skis, the realization of spearfishing or use of mud on the skin. On the other hand, access on foot to the islets, free camping or with vehicles, drive with motor vehicles or simply walk outside the places enabled for it.
You already know what is necessary to be able to navigate in the areas authorized to rent a jet ski in Ibiza.
Anyway because of the price difference … we recommend that you take a look at boat rentals in Ibiza. You will enjoy greater comfort and without restricted passage areas. Free way!
See you onboard on charter boats in Ibiza!!