Uncertain on which boat allows that extravagant charter experience you are looking for? If your not too picky and don’t mind a few minor dents on the wood, take a look at photos and prices of the astonishing sailing yacht Beneteau Oceanis 500, currently docked in Ibiza to charter with a skipper, and all the amazing features it offers.
Dimensions and characteristics of the sailing boat Beneteau Oceanis 500
Made in the year 1993, this sailing boat is a bit old has been exceptionally maintained and contains spectacular dimensions of 15 metres in length and 5 metres in width. That is a total surface area of 75m² available to our customers.
This boat offers a wing keel with a draft of 1,90 metres. That is sufficient to provide stability.
The fuel is divided into two diesel tanks of 280 litres each- adding up to a total capacity of 560 litres of fuel.
One of the advantages of this boat charter is the high capacity of fresh water that can be stored. It doubles the capacity of sailing boats of similar length and even surpasses that of the catamarans. In total, the ship has four fresh water tanks:
- Two tanks, of 260 litres each, at the bow
- Two tanks, of 275 litres each, at the stern
This gives it a maximum storage capacity of 1070 litres of fresh water. With responsible handling, that is probably enough to last an entire week without needing to return to the port to refill the tanks.
Cabins of the sailing boat Oceanis of 50 feet
If you are one who would trade the most modern looks for plenty of space, this might just be the boat you are after. This yacht offers four double cabins, each with a double bed and their own bathroom. The bathrooms are not only private but can be accessed from the room it pertains to.
Each double cabin offers the following amenities to our guests:
- Closets for clothes
- Individual reading lamps
- Curtains and shelves
- Bed sheets
- Mattresses in excellent condition
Description of the Lounge of the Beneteau sailing boat
- The main lounge area offers impressive dimensions for a boat: 4,80 metres by 3,50 metres: nearly 17m²
- The main table is surrounded by sofas and comfortable chairs that can easily accommodate 8-10 people.
- If necessary, the sofas in the living room can be used to sleep two or three people.
- The port side has a small nautical library, cupboards, and various storage compartments that are found under the chairs.
- The 32inch LED television is set on one of the bulkheads in a manner that make the television easily visible from every section in the lounge. It offers a USB connection, a VGA connector for computers, and has a built-in DVD player.
Kitchen equipment aboard the sailing boat in Ibiza
On the starboard side of the boat you will find the kitchen and the chart table.
The kitchen is equipped with:
- Stove with two burners and a large over
- Double sink with both hot and cold water and an extra pump for sea water
- Refrigerator and freezer, separate compartments for each
- Several cupboards and marine tableware for up to 12 people
- Radar display
- GPS plotter
- Digital VHF radio
- Handheld VHF radio
- Radio CD with USB connector
- Additional radio with a memory card reader
- Sound systems with four speakers- two inside in the living room and two outside in the cockpit
- Secondary circuit board
- Two sliding tables for saving documents
- Wooden shelves made up of cabinets
- Marine temperature watch
- Hygrometer to measure the humidity in the air
- Exterior temperature viewer
- Watch schedules
- Weather station
- Wide cabin, with two berths and sink, that is eventually used by the crew or as a storage
- Cockpit composed of two long sections of seats covered in cushions and a foldable table that accommodates 8-10 people
- Two steering wheels
- Binnacle compass
- Anemometer to measure the speed of the wind
- Log to measure the speed of the boat
- Measure for water temperature
- Autopilot control
- Three large storage compartments
- Passage with easy access to board vessel
- Outdoor fresh water shower
- Wide bimini awning that provides shade to the cockpit
- Plastic awning, covering from the mainmast to the backstay, with a dimension of 8 by 4 metres
- Manual winches leading lines to the cockpit
- Boom with brake
- Two anchors at the bow of 30 Kg, plus a spare anchor
- 100 watt electric winch for anchor
Sails included in this grand boat rental in Ibiza
- Roller furling jib
- Battened mainsail
- Spare mainsail
Engine details – Engine compartment
Located under the lounge area, the engine compartment consists of:
- Four batteries of 180 Amps
- System bilge pumps
- Centre and aft water tanks
- Motor Perkins 4236 m90, which gives 86 hp to propeller shaft
- An approximate consumption of 5 litres to 1800 rpm
- Each cabin has the necessary lifejackets for each passenger
- In the living room you will find all safety features required for navigating in zone 2 (up to 60 miles offshore) such as rockets, flares, lifejackets, a first aid kit, waterproof jackets, a toolbox and spare parts
- Covered you have stowed the life raft with a capacity of 12 people, the radio beacon EPIRB with GPS, two lifebuoys with lanyard and EPIRB
This Beneteau Oceanis 500 has a dinghy with a length of 2,5 metres and an outboard engine.
Price chart of the Oceanis 500 rental in Ibiza
In the following table you can view the weekly rental prices of this vessel including the skipper and extras: final cleaning after completion of the charter, sheets, towels, inflatable motor boat to tender with the skipper to beaches, and all taxes and insurances required.
The maximum capacity of this old school but still amazing boat rental in Ibiza and Formentera is eight people, with the ability to accommodate ten passengers if two guests sleep on the sofas in the lounge.
|Period||Cabins||Bathrooms||People||05/05 – 08/06||09/06 – 20/07||21/07 – 24/08||25/08 – 21/09|
|Weekly charter (Saturday to Saturday)||4+1||4||8+2+1||5,300||5,700||6,200||5,700|
|Period||Cabs||WCs||PPL||01/04 – 30/06||01/07 – 31/08||01/09 – 14/09||15/09 – 31/10|
|Day charter (8 hours no overnight stay)||0||1||11+1||1,080||1,150||1,080||1,000|
|Day charter (with overnight stay)||4+1||4||8+2+1||1,380||1,450||1,380||1,300|
Terms of Contract
- 50% of the cost must be paid by bank transfer in order to complete the reservation. The remaining 50% may be paid while boarding.
- Sheets and towels are included.
- Mooring for check-in and check-out at the nautical club of San Antonio
- Fuel is not included for charters with overnight stays. The average daily fuel cost for this boat is approximately 20 Euros. The fuel is included in the cost for daily rentals without an overnight stay.
- Boarding takes place on Saturday at 16:00, the latest. We always try to have the boat ready to go before that time. Disembarkation occurs on Saturdays at 10:00AM. The vessel should be back in the San Antonio marina on Friday night.
- As is expected in boat rentals that include skipper, the provision of the skipper is provided by the customer.
Sailing boat of four bathrooms for chartering in Ibiza
Of the four bathrooms, the toilets in the aft cabins are slightly larger and have dual access- from inside the cabin and from the living room. Each bathroom is equipped with a sink and a shower that has hot and cold water.
Hot water on board the sailing boat for charter Oceanis 500
This charter boat’s water heater has a capacity of 30 litres, with an output of 1.200 W, and works alternatively with the heat from the engine, when the engine is running, or with electricity.
By Laura Perez-Cernuda – Here you can read the history of our company– a charter rental in Ibiza.