We are pleased to introduce our new 2015 skippered Lagoon 400 S2 catamarans, a beautiful vessel from our fleet for boat hire Ibiza.
If you are looking to charter a bareboat catamaran (without skipper), please consider having at least a mate on board. You can read here all the advantages of mate.
This boat was launched in May 2015, when we delivered them from the Lagoon shipyard in Les Sables d’Olonne, France, all the way to the island of Ibiza, just in time for the beginning of the last summer season.
This vessel is probably the most demanded catamaran in the entire yacht charter market in Ibiza and the Balearic Islands, along with the interior layout that has a great acceptance among our customers: 4 double cabins with 4 bathrooms en suite, with private access to the bathrooms from each of the cabins. There is also a separated single cabin for the skipper, with entrance from a top hatch.
The dimensions of this boat are as spectacular as you can see in the images. A length of 40 feet, ie 12 meters, and especially its width, 7.5 meters, that gives this ship an interior space and habitability never known before on a 12 meter sailboat. The total surface area is around 100 m2.
Catamaran Lagoon 400 S2 2015, guest facilities
One of the key factors in the habitability of this floating palace is the interior height, both in the common living areas and hallways and front and rear cabins. Forget the typical sense of claustrophobia that often invades us when entering a sailboat. You shall be pleasantly surprised by the interior and exterior spaces of this catamaran.
In order to obtain this amazing interior height, this Lagoon 400 S2 catamaran was designed with a freeboard (height above the water) very high, and far superior to previous Lagoon models in the same range, equating it with the height of much larger catamaran, such us its older brothers, the Lagoon 450, the Lagoon 52 and even the Lagoon 560 mega-catamaran.
Nauta Design Interior-Design
The interior design is carried out by the prestigious Italian firm Nauta-Design, which reaches the 400 – S2 one of his most accomplished work, in line with the design of large megayachts, with light wood top quality bulkheads and tables but looking contrast with the dark wood color of the soil.
Perfect balance between the exterior and interior design
The design of this impressive sailing yacht has proved to be one of the most efficient ones, even sailing upwind (into the wind) that has been historically one of the weak points of the multi-hull vessels, especially those with high freeboards, and suffering the unwanted side effect that troubled sailing windward.
On the contrary, the great height of the Lagoon 400 S2 catamaran, not only improves indoor comfort, but also favors the wave pass, since the “belly” is also at a greater distance from the waterline and thus avoids uncomfortable wave shocks, which are quite common in smaller catamarans. All these factors make the 2015 Lagoon 400 S2 perfect to sail with all kinds of winds. The easy passing of waves makes this yacht really stable and prevents the dreaded sea-sickness.
When sailing downwind, the catamaran Lagoon 400 S2 performs as well as the rest of catamarans. It feels that instead of surfing on waves, the vessels goes on rails.
Equipment and features of the Lagoon 400 S2 ‘2015 catamaran
The helm is located at port side. The steering wheel, leather lined, provides a very comfortable touch, being able to sail from the seat. The captain’s seat offers space for up to 3 people and it is upholstered in beige wool charcoal, with a small locker for storage underneath.
The sail maneuver is forwarded to the helm. The awning protects the captain with a nice shadow and it even has an anti-spray hood for windy days or rough seas.
Dinghy / Tender
A Zodiac dinghy with 10HP outboard engine is included with this catamaran. It is comfortably stowed between the two sterns catamaran, thanks to stainless steel davits with a manual winch.
If you have rented a boat in Ibiza before you already know the importance of the dinghy or tender, which is used several times every day, due to the great offer of restaurants on land and leisure options that can be found in every single beach on the island.
We can comfortably move the dinghy “up” and “down” unlike traditional monohull sailboats that do not usually have davits and force us to be drag the dinghy or to store, taking all the space on board.
Other features of interest of catamaran Lagoon 400 S2 2015
- Domestic batteries with monitored charge.
- LED navigation lights to save battery. The LED lights provide 90% energy saving compared to traditional light bulbs.
- 220V circuit with a plug on each of the cabins.
- Extra service batteries to have plenty of energy.
- Two freshwater tanks with total capacity of 600 liters.
- Stainless steel gas oven.
- Shower curtains for each of the 4 bathrooms.
- Bulkheads floor with double soundproofing in the engine compartment so that the noise does not bother when the engines are ON.
- Indirect lighting to avoid glare in the cabins and lounge.
- Powerful waterproof speakers outside (aft deck) and inside (lounge).
- Radio with bluetooth MP3 player.
- Front Pulpits with wooden seats on each of the bows.
- Electrical winch, particularly appreciated when hoisting the mainsail and jib.
- Polyester table on the back deck with seating for 8 guests.
- Outdoor Refrigerator: ideal for keeping the beer cold . This way we do not need to go inside being wet to get a drink.
- Two large front opening refrigerators, one next to the other, so you can keep fresh the groceries.
- Fans in the lounge and in the cabins.
- Individual reading lights in all cabins.
- Hatch for ventilation in all cabins.
- Convertible sofa bed lounge that provides two additional places.
- Square mainsail that improves sail area and performance.
This sailing yacht has two 40HP Yanmar engines, one in each hull. The standard engine in this vessel is only 30 HP. But we have upgraded both engines in order to avoid any problems when sailing upwind and in rough seas, and for those days in which you do not feel like tacking every 20 minutes.
The engines are completely independent of each other and have their own circuit and fuel tank. This is one of the great advantages of sailing catamarans. Having two engines not only facilitates maneuvering over short distances, since we can turn on our own axis without move, but also in case of an engine failure, we will have the other engine to return to port and fix it.
The catamaran Lagoon 400 is equipped with a state of the art B&G electronic equipment:
- Radar system AIS radio transmitter and receiver.
- Multifunction Display with GPS plotter in the cockpit.
- RADAR 4G.
- Radio VHF digital selective calling signal, replicated in the cockpit.
The catamaran has all legal and safety equipment for Spanish zone 2, ie that comes equipped with all the necessary safety item to sail offshore up to 60 miles, or make trips up to 120 miles from coast to coast:
- Life jackets for 12 people of 150 Newtons.
- Life Raft for all occupants, with hydrostatic release mechanism, self-inflating.
- First aid kit type B.
- LED Flashlights tight.
- Fireproof buckets.
- Fire extinguishers.
- Gas Alarm.
- Electronic EPIRB with hydrostatic release mechanism and automatic activation.
- All permits and ship insurance.
- This stunning rental catamaran has all the papers in order, authorization for boat rental required by the Balearic government, comprehensive insurance, Spanish pavilion, etc.
This catamaran is only offered for rent with professional skipper or mate. On top of all the equipment listed before the catamaran Lagoon 400 S2 Aero comes equipped with a Code Zero headsail, ideal for light winds in directions from a close reaching. It rolls up its own independent buffer jib. It also has retractable propellers, a powerful 220V inverter, and an amazing watermaker with a 100 litres per hour capacity.
Rates catamaran Lagoon 400 S2
Here’s the rental fees with all costs for the season in Ibiza and Formentera.
|Rental period||People||01/11 – 31/03||01/04 – 14/06||15/06 – 19/09||20/09 – 31/10|
|Rent per day (7/8h)||11+1||3,500||3,500||3,950||3,500|
|Rent per half day (3:30h)||11+1||2,500||2,500||2,950||2,500|
|Rent per day with overnight stay (price per day)||8+1||3,800||3,800||4,450||3,800|
|MODEL||Cabs||Wcs||PPl||01/11 – 31/03||01/04 – 14/06||15/06 – 19/09||20/09 – 31/10|
|Lagoon 400 S2 (From Sat)||4+2||4||8+2||12,950||13,950||15,950||13,950|
|Lagoon 400 S2 (not from Sat)||4+2||4||8+2||14,950||15,950||17,950||15,950|
- The weekly rental period for this catamaran is organised from Saturday 16:00 to the next Saturday at 9:00am.
- In order to secure your booking you can pay 50% in advance. You can pay the rest of your balance together with the deposit at your arrival on the yacht.
- Our prices include final cleaning and dinghy with outboard engine so you can embark and disembark at any beach.
- Linens and towels are included in the rental price for weekly rental.
- Fuel is not included in the rental fee for week rental (around 200 euro for a full week) based on 10 euros per hour of motor used.
- This model is rented with skipper and deposit is 900 euro.
- When rented as day charter, the price listed includes fuel, tax, and captain.